Overlay / Underlay in PLE Version?

Hey guys, I’ve been experimenting a lot with the latest version of Animate 2 (PLE version) and for the life of me I can’t find the Overlay or Underlay buttons mentioned in the User Guide. I have already turned on the advanced animation mode, checked it on in the preferences and restarted the program. I can separate the line art and colour art layers no problem now in the drawing view, but can’t for the life of me find overlay/underlay. Is it possible this is not included in the PLE version?

If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
JJ Parks :slight_smile:

Overlay and Underlay are features of Animate Pro, not Animate. Animate has only Line Art and Colour Art.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Oh okay, that would explain why I couldn’t find it then! I was going nuts looking for it ^_^. I was under the impression that Animate PLE was in fact the Pro version with all the features, but just with resolution and watermark restrictions. Good to know that. Thanks again LillyV!

What you need to do is download the Animate Pro PLE. There is an Animate PLE, and also an Animate Pro PLE. Just go ahead and download the Animate Pro PLE.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Aha…I’m an idiot :slight_smile: I will go and download the Pro PLE version. It only took me two months to realize I was using the wrong version…thanks again.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to open the Animate PLE files in Animate Pro PLE but here’s to hoping ^_^.

There’s a question I’ve never gotten before. I don’t think you’ll be able to open the PLE files in the Pro PLE, but it’s worth a shot. The PLE is restricted from the full retail version, however, so be aware that any files that you create in the PLE you will not be able to open in the full retail version.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I’m happy to say that I was able to open the Animate 2 PLE files in the Animate Pro 2 PLE version ^^ and I’m happy that I managed to ask a question that hadn’t been asked before. I realize I can’t open it in the full retail version, but that’s alright. Toon Boom is more than generous enough to offer a fully featured free PLE version =). I figure I can learn the program well enough to feel fully comfortable with it and then I can get myself good enough to enter some of the contests and maybe one day win a copy ^^. If not, then I’ll pool my resources together and probably would buy the standard version, but the Pro version is quite wonderful :).

Thanks again LillyV~!