Optimizing Shortcuts?

Is there any way to optimize multiple images a once? Like select a drawing layer and optimize all the frames in that layer?

I’m rotoscoping something pretty detailed and my system is getting slower for every layer of color I add. ::blerg::

Thanks for the help!

Kris10

You should be able to choose multiple elements and frames with the Shift key in the drawing view and select Optimize but I am not sure this would resolve your issue.

Have you tried using the Scene manager in TBS to manipulate smaller chunks of your video?

Yeah - I don’t think you understand what I’m asking. Scene Manager doesn’t come into play here.

The question is: in Studio, is it possible to optimize all the frames (and drawings on those frames) in a Drawing layer all at once, rather than drilling down in to each cell of the drawing layer (as in the case with rotoscoping), and select all > optimize over and over again.

I suspect that it might not be possible to optimize an entire layer all at once, since there hasn’t been a response yet.

Thanks!

Kris10

You should be able to choose multiple elements and frames with the Shift key in the drawing view and select Optimize.

Please try it and post your results; you can also contact support@toonboom.com if you would like us to assist by phone.

I don’t think I’m explaining myself properly. As I understand it, the process for Optimizing is frame by frame - from the Timeline Window you select the frame you want to Optimize, and then going back to the Drawing View Window, you select the entire drawing (click and drag with the mouse, or CMND+A). Then right click on the selection, and click Optimize (or Flatten, or Smooth) from the pop up menu. Right clicking on the frame in the Timeline does not bring up the option to Optimize, nor does selecting multiple frames (through shift+click or otherwise), nor the layer (element) from the left column.

How do you select multiple elements or frames through the Drawing View Window with the shift key? Once they are selected, will the option to Optimize appear in a right-click pop up, or under a menu bar item? I’m running Studio 4.5 and don’t see that option anywhere - is there something wrong with my software?

Thank you for your help!

Kris10

Thanks Kris10!

I did the multiple selection with TBS 6… let me try 4.5 and get back to you.