No Sound In TBS

Hi,

Although TBS v.3.5 seems to be working quite well on my new Intel iMac, I just tried importing a sound file earlier today and it will not play back. It imports and displays in the Exposure Sheet & Timeline panels and I have sound playback turned on, but when I right-click on the sound element and click on “play” nothing happens. In the Sound Element Editor the waveform is displayed, but the playback controls are completely non-functioning. The red playback marker will not move when I click the play button, although I can click and drag to move it, but no sound no matter what I do. Oddly enough, I can successfully generate a lipsynch chart so it IS reading the file. But it won’t PLAY the file. I’ve tried mp3’s, aiff’s, and wav’s in both TBS v.3 and v.3.5 to no avail.

The funny thing is that I had no problem when I fired up my old G4 PPC and successfully imported and played back a number of sound files, so it would seem to possibly be an Intel-related issue. Any other Intel Mac users experiencing sound problems?

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Would it be possible to know what version of Mac OSX is installed on your machine?

Also, which version of Quicktime you have installed?

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

I’m running OSX 10.4.8 and I have Quicktime Pro v.7.1.3. My machine is a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac with 1.5 GB RAM.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Would it be possible to provide us one of the sound files that you have tried to import. This might be related to some codec used to create the sound but I would need to have a look to the file first to see if it works on our machine. You can send the file at techsupport@toonboom.com.

Best regards,

Ugo

I am having the EXACT same problem with v4 of TBS! I’m running OSX 10.4.1 and Quicktime 7.2 on a MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM…if you want, I can send you the sound file too.

Hi,

You can send us the file at the same address.

This being said if I remember correctly the issue that Ron has was related to the fact the sound was created from Audacity.

We found out in the Read me a MacOS X only part which mentioned about the possibility of sound not playing back or crashing other application because Audacity fiddle around with some settings that may not be understood properly in other players. The article mentions that you should enable the option “Do not modify audio device settings” to work around this. There is also a link to the following article:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300832

Best regards,

Ugo

Ugo

IT WORKS!! Thank you so much! I just had to change the settings of my output.