No posts about Pixie and 3dLight renderers within Harmony??

I searched a long time for info pertaining to the two renderers PIXIE and 3dLight in Harmony and how to implement them and found nothing.

Most don’t have an extra 3,500 laying around to spend on Maya just so they can use the 3D feature set in Harmony. And i don’t blame TB at all for not mentioning the 3D feature can’t be used unless you buy a 3,500 program, because it would indeed hurt their sales, to some degree, but i sure wish they would at LEAST, after the purchase, send an email with a link in it to a pdf on how to install the Pixie or 3dLight renderers.

Well, thank God Harmony is so awesome that it still stands on it’s own even without the 3d feature. And i appreciate TB allowing a ‘pay-as-you-go’ option for us poor struggling artists who absolutely love Harmony, who otherwise would have to use something weaker.

So, does anyone know where info is, or know themselves, how to setup Harmony with one of the other two renderers instead of Maya?

Many thanks for any help on this my fellow Harmonians :).

Timothy

Interesting. I think I would be going through the roof if I would find that after purchase…

For Rendering you need to edit the Environment Variable called 3DelightHOME
and give it the value “C:\Program Files (x86)\3Delight” or wherever 3Delight is installed on your system.

Create another Environment Variable called “SHADERS” pointing to C:\Program Files\3Delight\shaders (or wherever it is for 3Delight)

Bring a copy of the MayaRender and edit the command on the “Softrender” tab to say render3Delight();

Basically the methods remain the same as those for Maya and Pixie, just customized for 3Delight… See my previous post and the link for complete details.

For Rendering you need to edit the Environment Variable called PIXIEHOME
and give it the value “C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixie” or wherever Pixie is installed on your system.

Create another Environment Variable called “SHADERS” pointing to C:\Program Files\Pixie\shaders

Bring a copy of the MayaRender and edit the command on the “Softrender” tab to say renderPixie();

You will also need some lighting so that you can actually see the object when rendered. To do this start with another copy of the MayaRender module and edit it this way (link to text file provided because you can’t paste XML code in the forum)

http://fileshare.toonboom.com/weblinks/?id=9958517b2a48851d2ada1c76c88cfc56&filename=PixieDescription.txt

how would you do this for 3DLight?

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I’m having some problems getting Harmony 12 to call on 3Delight to render.

In the above example where you mention to edit the Environment Variable “3DelightHOME,” what do you do if there is no “3DelightHOME” variable listed?

Should I create a new Environment Variable and name it “3DelightHome” and add “C:\Program Files\3Delight” as the value?

Thanks!