New Tutorial

Hey all, I’ve been away for a few weeks but now I’m trying to get back into the swing of things.

I just finished my largest tutorial so far, recreating a short animation of Cheese from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. I know my use of the Timeline instead of the Exposure Sheet differs from some users (JK, for sure), but I simply find it easier this way.

I’m listening for critiques, either here or feel free to leave a comment on the site.
Rock on,
–Will

"">largest tutorial so far, recreating a short animation of Cheese from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. I know my use of the Timeline instead of the Exposure Sheet differs from some users (JK, for sure), but I simply find it easier this way.

I’m listening for critiques, either here or feel free to leave a comment on the site.
Rock on,
–Will

Will,
I really enjoyed the tutorial it is one of the best I’ve ever seen. Very clear and easy to follow along. And the approach being different than the way I might have done it using camera view and the time line instead of drawing view and the x-sheet for drawing is perfectly OK and just shows that TBS can be used differently depending on the personal preferences of the artist. Thanks you so much for doing this tutorial. -JK

INTRODUCTION TO TOON BOOM TUTORIAL

In case you missed the previous tutorial Will posted on his Calico Monkey site, it is still there. And it now has a roommate. Will has just posted another tutorial which is very informative about creating a multi-element character and doing a simple walk cycle. Be sure to leave him comments about his tutorial and he loves suggestions too. -JK

INTRODUCTION TO TOON BOOM TUTORIAL

Thank you JK. I finished the new tutorial last night and hadn’t yet been able to announce it here.

My intention is to provide newcomers with all the tools to make something interesting with Toon Boom. These two tutorials serve to lay the foundation for more complicated tutorials I have in my head. They’re also meant to be possible with Toon Boom Express, while later articles will require Toon Boom Studio.

And yes, please do comment on the tutorial. Could it be better somehow? Did I inadvertently gloss over something that needs to be explained. I was literally going for a “click here, do this, check that setting, ta da you’re done!” approach.

Rock on,
–Will