New MacBook Pro M1 Pro/Max

Hello ,

I’m planning to buy a new laptop and I want it to be a mbp with the new soc M1 Pro/Max but I wonder if Harmony and STB Pro (I’m daily using there boths softs for my professionnal work) are compatible with this hardware.

I really need full compatibility so if they are not working I’m going to delay my purchase.

If someone who uses a mac with any M1 chip can tell me if STB Pro & Harmony works for daily use, it would be great :slight_smile:

No native support for Apple Silicon yet, in the works!

I have an m1 macbook pro and Harmony Premium 20 works great on it. It does have to get translated through Rosetta first every time I open it, other than that I don’t have any issues.

Thank you for your answer !

hii, how did you get the toon boom harmony that supports the m1 chip please?

I’m also unable to get either Harmony 20 or 21 to run on a MacBook Pro M1. I get a dialog that says: “Harmony Premium needs to be updated. This app will not work with future versions of macOS and needs to be updated to improve compatibility. Contact the developer for more information.” There is a “Learn More…” button. When I click on it, I’m taken to this page: Sunsetting Python 2 | Python.org which seems to indicate that it’s something to do with Python 2.

FWIW, I get the new project screen and can run the License Wizard, but as soon as the main UI starts to be displayed, it crashes.

I tried installing the latest version of Python 2 (and I confirmed that it works on the command line), but it didn’t make any difference with Harmony. I do have Rosetta 2 installed, too.

Having issues, contact support with running Harmony on Apple Silicon and or macOS 12 Monterey.

As posted here…