New line of Video Tutorial for Animate and Animate Pro 2

Hi!

For all those who have been waiting for more video tutorials about Animate 2 and Animate Pro 2, Toon Boom Animation launched a new line of training videos!

Every 2 weeks, a new block of 5 to 6 videos is released.

These videos take you through all the features and steps in the software and this, in chronological order with loads and loads of details.

Pack 1 - Getting Started was released 2 weeks ago and Pack 2 - Sketching Characters will be released on August 5th.

http://www.toonboom.com/products/animate/how-to/video-tutorials/

Stay tune for a long series of new videos to come!

Marie-Eve

Congrats :slight_smile:

I am glad you have done this.

I can’t wait to see the sorts of things you do in a few months time.

Well its’ about time!!! :wink: I am glad you decided to do this too. It is always good to get it from the horses mouth. It was definitely something that was missing from your site, despite this forum and the wonderful support you provide. I am happy for you and us your loyal customers.

Glad to hear this! :slight_smile:
I hope you will find good help in these tutorials!

Pack 3 is out and Pack 4 will be release very shortly.

Marie-Eve

Hi Marie,
Just wanted to let you know how much I love your tutorials!
Really good to see over someone’s shoulder so to speak and see how they work.
Just one question though…Which toolset preference are you using? Flash or Animate or Toonboom studio?
I suspect it’s Flash cos you use alt + Y rather than the alt + / for the pencil tool, etc. Probably would be a good thing to mention at the beginning of each tutorial…
Will be great to see some on animating eventually.
Thank you very much!
Michael

Thanks,

Great tutorials. very informative and easy to follow
Keep up the great work, and again … thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

I transmitted your good feedback to the Multi-Media team and the instructor who is doing the videos. Thank you very much. We are really please to help you out!

We will very shortly publish videos on breakdown and rigging and following those, we will enter in the world of animation. :slight_smile:

Mrdunn, we are indeed using the Flash keyboard shortcuts. I transmitted your comment to the instructor and from now on, we will mention which shortcut flavour we are using.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Marie-Eve

You should do one about working with the library. It is something that isn’t really understood. In fact I am pretty sure I don’t 100% know all the tricks.

Hi,

We will indeed. :slight_smile:

There is an entire line of tutorial planned out down to the effects and rendering.
The Library is planned to come out after the series of the cut-out breakdown and rigging. It will probably be something like Pack 11. Although, it may change.

Thank you for watching the videos!!

Marie-Eve

That is good. I was going to make one, but then decieded I didn’t know the tricks well enough.

Are they all done already?

Hi,

No, they are in production.

If ever you are interested in making your own tutorial, Toon Boom promotes them too on the following page:
http://www.toonboom.com/products/animate/how-to/video-tutorials/community.php

Marie-Eve

I know :). A few of mine are there. I also post on the betterflashanimation.com blog about them.

I actually have a lot of videos up on youtube now. Well 42. That is a lot for me :slight_smile: and like 8K+ total views.

For the most part I am trying to do more unique tutorials on things that haven’t been covered like making a glowing light saber or some scripting.

Oh yes!
I must have seen your videos then! :slight_smile:

Thank you for contributing. I think you have a good approach.

Marie-Eve

The tutorials have stayed very consistent, the instructor’s voice is crystal clear, almost sounds like dolby 5.1. I can’t wait for you to get to the more advanced stuff like animation, effects, camera, exposure sheet ect.

Questions: How do you plan on organizing the effects or the more advanced tutorials for Animate and Animate Pro? Are you going to make seperate tutorials for each being that Pro has more bells n whistles? I hope you do cause it can get a little distracting if you kept switching back and forth between versions within the tutorial, much like it does in the user guide.

Another note, I just watched the tutorial on importing flash into animate and I did not hear it mentioned that you must target your swf file to flash 7 or below in the flash publish settings. I have Animate non pro and it will import an empty peg unless I do that, is this not the case in Pro? I just think that is a very crucial nugget of information.

I learned many small details from the gathering content block of tutorials which means your are catching up to my level. I hope and prey that you will talk about the 3 rigging techniques in the rigging tutorials.

Thanks again for the tutorials, you guys rock!

The tutorials have stayed very consistent, the instructor’s voice is crystal clear, almost sounds like dolby 5.1. I can’t wait for you to get to the more advanced stuff like animation, effects, camera, exposure sheet ect.

Questions: How do you plan on organizing the effects or the more advanced tutorials for Animate and Animate Pro? Are you going to make seperate tutorials for each being that Pro has more bells n whistles? I hope you do cause it can get a little distracting if you kept switching back and forth between versions within the tutorial, much like it does in the user guide.

Another note, I just watched the tutorial on importing flash into animate and I did not hear it mentioned that you must target your swf file to flash 7 or below in the flash publish settings. I have Animate non pro and it will import an empty peg unless I do that, is this not the case in Pro? I just think that is a very crucial nugget of information.

I learned many small details from the gathering content block of tutorials which means your are catching up to my level. I hope and prey that you will talk about the 3 rigging techniques in the rigging tutorials.

Thanks again for the tutorials, you guys rock!

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the compliments. I will make sure the instructor gets them. :slight_smile:

We will indeed make independent tutorials for Animate and Animate Pro effects just like we did for the scanning in Animate and Animate Pro. Also, the result is not the same and you can push it way further in PRO. Don’t worry about that.

Thanks for bringing up the Flash 7 issue. I will get the correction done and uploaded asap! :slight_smile:

Well, get ready because the next sets of tutorial coming up are all about breakdown and rigging. :slight_smile:
We intend to show advanced production way of doing things. The Rigging part will be different for Animate and Animate as, once more, Animate Pro can be pushed as far as you can imagine.
What will be shown in these tutorial is beyond what is shown in the User Guide.

I’m really happy you are watching,

Marie-Eve

You are welcome, and sorry for the triple post, I was doing it from my phone and something went wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is great news about Animate and Animate Pro having separate individual tutorials. I know Pro has more tools than the non-pro and I hope to someday have the money to upgrade.

I brought up the flash thing cause I had to figure that out on my own a while back, and let’s just say I gave myself a haircut with my own hands trying to figure it out.

Sure thing, I will be waiting patiently for the next ones.

Thanks again

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Having a new eye on a project always helps.
Details like those (important little details) may slip our mind! :slight_smile:

Thanks again,

Marie-Eve

Really nice informative tutorials, thanks for doing these. I am always referring back to them if I stuck somewhere in my project.

A few points to fix, if possible:

1) I’m usually working and listening with my headphones on and the frequency of the ‘s’ sound in the words of the tutorials is quite high. I wonder if it could be pitched down a bit ;D

2) As I said before I really like to refer back to the tutorials if something is unclear, but in order to navigate through the video I need to wait while it loads completely. Is there a way to make the video start from the point, in the timeline I choose.

Can’t wait for the new videos to come up
Regards
Vadim

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will see what we can do about this. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Marie-Eve