Need help with having my character rig in different files

Hi, I been working in a project with Toonboon as I learn how to use it and I come up with something that I’m not sure if it’s possible.

Basically I’m making my character rig and I do plan to keep it in a separate file and import it via library or manual import to any scene where I want to use it, however, this character I may had to use it again for future projects so it may be subject to constant tweaking. I saw the library system and I’m still learning on how it works, but I was wondering if there’s a way that if I modify the original character (Adding new hands, tweaking the rig, etc) those changes would apply to the character I’m using in the scenes and maintain the animation I have made assuming the modification doesn’t break the animation.

I’m sorry if this is confusing, english is not my native language. My goal is to make a composition in which I have my character in a different file of the one of my scene and every adjustment on the character in the file apply on every version of that character used in that scene or others.