Need Help, many problems/error messages

I am using Toon Boom Studio 5
I’ve been making an animation for months now. All was fine until a few days ago. It first started with the import backgrounds (that were fine for months), became unusable in ToonBoom. I will get an error message stating it can’t find the image. Yesterday, the whole program started crashing with anything related to textures and I can’t import any images, it states that in can not import the image(even the same images that were acceptable a week ago), new textures appear as red/white diamonds, and as of today, I can not export anything because a message stating the export failed because the file is being used by another application even when nothing else is running.

Please help, it’s destroying 4 months worth of work.

First, it is important to make backups of your project as computers may sometimes be unpredictable and you want to make sure you do not loose your work.

Have you tried importing those images into a new project to test if the issue is related to the software, the computer or to your specific project?

I have made backups. One backup works as normal normal and everything worked. That was fine, today, exporting will not accept an imported background again and left me with white background. The “can not export because of file in use” message popped up but after restarting it worked but would not accept an imported background.

New projects seem to take fine, but for how long is my issue seemingly. It seem specific to the project. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ToonBoom but that didn’t seem to help.

Did you recently install or change your antivirus programs?
What model graphic card is installed on your system?

Try creating a new project and see if you can import the same image into the new project. Try not to use spaces, accented or special characters in the path or name of the background file. Only a-z, 0-9, “_” and “-” are safe to use.

Sorry to take a while, school stuff.

New projects work and accept those some imports. No change to the antivirus programs and have been running a 256 MB ATI Radeon 9250 for years.