Need help fast

I have made a cute cut out character. And I am positioning her to walk, etc…

But when I play the preview the cartoon, the walking looks terrible----as if she’s go-go dancing and is trying to fly.

How can I fix this? :-[

I’ll be publishing Animating Cut-Out Characters - Part 2 tonight on the Cartooning in Toon Boom blog. I’m doing the final proof reading now. It covers how to get started in animating a walk cycle with a cut-out character. I suspect that once you read it you may figure out what you need to do differently.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to know what you are or aren’t doing in your project from what you just posted so the blog tutorial should help you. If you haven’t already read the Part 1 article on Animating Cut-Out Characters you could jump over to the blog and do that now which you need to do any way before reading and understanding Part 2.

In the meantime, I suspect that you are using the scene ops SELECT tool instead of the scene ops TRANSFORM tool. The select tool is repositioning your elements for the entire scene and not frame specifically like a keyframing tool like the TRANSFORM tool. Again I cover this sort of issue in my tutorials both on Cut-Outs and Keyframe Animation in general. Also if you have been changing the green rotational pivot point of your body parts after you started keyframing that can cause lots of problems too. -JK

ANIMATING CUT-OUT CHARACTERS - PART 2

Thanks

I will try it.

It would also be useful if you could post a swf version of your animation here. Then we could analyze the cartoon a bit closer and get a better idea of what’s happening (or not happening).