Need Harmony help? Start here!

Hello all,

Our forums are currently undergoing a change that may take a little more time to complete, so I thought it would be a good idea to set up a small sort of FAQ for common help areas in order to get everyone the help they need as soon as possible.

Problem: My pen does not seem to be working properly!

Suggestion from us: Please try opening Harmony, going to your Advanced Preferences and toggle “Use Qt Wintab Tablet Support” and then apply the change. You’ll need to restart Harmony afterwards. If this does not work, we recommend making sure all of your computer drivers are up to date and, if they are, uninstalling and re-installing your pen drivers just to be safe.

If that does not work, please reach out to our support team at desk@toonboom.com for additional troubleshooting!

Problem: My license does not work correctly!

Suggestion from us: For any license issues, it is best to reach out to desk@toonboom.com right away. They are best equipped to troubleshoot your license issues and contacting them for license problems is always the best idea!

Problem: I need help with some software best practices or I need help learning Harmony!

Suggestion from us: We have two excellent resources available to people either just starting out with our software or to people looking to learn more:

Our free Learn Portal at https://learn.toonboom.com/

Our 700+ member Discord Community Server located at https://discord.gg/syAjy4H

Our Community Discord also has special community members that will happily help you with issues and questions:

Community MVPs - Who are highly knowledgeable and skilled artists that can answer a lot of your questions!

Toon Boom Staff - Official Toon Boom staff employees from multiple departments who can also help questions if they know the answer.

Ambassadors - Artists who have used our software for many years and know it quite well!

Hi Szheng,

Please contact our support department at desk@toonboom.com because it sounds like something very strange is happening with your computer and they are the team best equipped to help you solve whatever issue you are encountering. Thanks and good luck!

my harmony cannot open, icon kept JUMPING , did not open, i reinstalled several times and tried every vision, i don’t kw what is wrong in my mac laptop. System: macos Catalina 10.15.3
PLS HELP ME …

I’m having a very similar problem. Toon Boom Harmony 20 will open, only to close if I try to open a project or create a new one.

It’s not a license issue and I’ve contacted my school tech support and they said they had never seen it before.

I tried restarting my PC laptop twice as well as reinstalling the software.

I had task manager open on the side and saw that Harmony appears when I start it, but when I attempt to open a file or create a new one, it disappears from the task manager.

Exact same thing happening here. All my versions don’t work (tried 17, 16, 14, and 12), and updating my graphic card drivers does nothing.

ToonBoom Harmony 20 keeps on crashing every time I use the select tool.

Having the exact same issue.

So I disabled my NVidia card driver in device manager and it now works perfectly. So it seems Toonboom Harmony 20 premium is having some issues. I tried the latest drivers and that doesn’t work either. Do you know if there are any known incompatibilities?

So, my eraser tool is having issues. Drawing is fine, so is everything else. but when I go to erase anything, the things I “erased” pop back up again, and sometimes when I keep erasing, it makes minor changes to the thing I was trying to edit instead of removing it altogether. What can I do about this???