My Wish List

I love Toonboom ! it is amazing software but here are some features I wish will be on in the next version

• Align (to stage and object and spacing)
• Past in place
• Aftereffects motion blur
• Motion path (based on drawn vector path)
• Dash lines
• Pathfinder Tool
• Wrap tool (with curves and the also manipulate bitmaps)
• Round corner effect
• Rounded rectangle tool
• Connect in front in network view (when you add effect and want the original object to remain in front with the effect behind, when there is a lot of elements it’s hard to do manually)
• Icons for safe area and camera mask like in storyboard pro
• Reveal Stroke Effect
• Transparency and layer styles (shadow, stroke) should be in the layer properties in addition to the module library like after effects
• Import illustrator with layers no script needed
• reserve transparency from AI files
• Center pivots object
• Print screen and paste in toonboom (helps when you want a quick reference image)
• Color ID, like in adobe #00000 is black ind so…

Thanks !

Ronen

Hey mabouvier,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Aftereffects motion blur - Amazing!

Dash lines - I meant something more like illustrator where you can set the dash numbers and the gap

Wrap tool (with curves and the also manipulate bitmaps) - Amazing!

Round corner effect - I meant the angle of the corner

“Connect in front” in network view

Icons for safe area and camera mask like in storyboard pro

Transparency and layer styles (shadow, stroke) should be in the layer properties in addition to the module library like after effects - can you animate them in the layer properties ?

Print screen and paste in toonboom - Amazing!

Extra for list:
Support transparency from illustrator

Please see here for reference:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68990898@N05/17273757255/in/photostream/

Best,

Ronen

Hi Zhuratoons,

some of the features requested now exist in Harmony 12. I will list the ones that are now possible:

Aftereffects motion blur

Harmony 12 now supports third party OpenFX plugins. Motion blur plugins in this format will work with Harmony.

Dash lines

This is now available with the Pencil tool. You can select different looks for the lines using the Pencil Properties panel.

See our online doc: http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12/premium/Content/_CORE/_Workflow/015_CharacterDesign/Drawing_Tools/026_H3_Pencil_Line_Texture.html?Highlight=pencil

Wrap tool (with curves and the also manipulate bitmaps)

There is a tool called “Envelope” that allows warping vector drawings using a grid of the desired size.

For compositing, there is a node effect called the “Mesh Warp”. This effect node allows warping vector and raster (bitmap) images overtime, which means it can be animated.

Round corner effect

You can select from three types of corner with the pencil tool. Round, Mitre or Bevel. That has been there for a while. If I misunderstood your request, let me know.

Connect in front in network view (when you add effect and want the original object to remain in front with the effect behind, when there is a lot of elements it’s hard to do manually)

Is this what you are looking for? Using a Composite node with the input ordering set to 2D, the order of the compositing is determined by the order of the cables on the node.

Please note that the Network View is now called the Node View and the Modules are now called Nodes in Harmony 12.

Icons for safe area and camera mask like in storyboard pro

There are “camera mask” and a “safe area” buttons available in the status bar of the Camera view.

Transparency and layer styles (shadow, stroke) should be in the layer properties in addition to the module library like after effects

The transparency is available on drawing layer, though it is called Opacity. You will find this value at the bottom of the Advanced tab of the drawing layer properties.

Print screen and paste in toonboom (helps when you want a quick reference image)

You can now paste any image that is on the operating system clipboard in Harmony. Just select a drawing layers and paste in the camera or drawing view.

Please let me know if I misunderstood any of these.

Connect in front in network view (when you add effect and want the original object to remain in front with the effect behind, when there is a lot of elements it’s hard to do manually)

wordpress webinar plugin
webinar software wordpress
webinar software plugin
webinar software comparison
webinar software review
web conferencing software review