My trial key doesn't exist?!?!?

So I’m about to try Toon Boom Harmony Advanced. I downloaded the trial version and went to open it but the license key popped up, telling me that my account doesn’t have a trial key. When I clicked on the link saying to get the trial, it just led me back to redownloading the program itself.
I’ve redownloaded it twice trying to activate the trial and at this point it’s cutting into my trial time, please help me. :slight_smile:

Hello kpcrox,

Did the activation worked once? On this computer or another?
If it was on another, you need to know that you have to return the license before being able to use it again on a second computer.

I don’t want to download and install the trial so I am unable to see exactly what things look like.

Are you using your Toon Boom login ID as specified in step 3?

Getting Started with your Trial

Step 1

Use the download link specific to your platform (Windows or Mac OS X) to start downloading the software you would like to try. Your 21 day trial starts as soon as you click the download button.

Step 2

Once downloaded on your computer (or if you obtained the software download previously), open the file and follow the instructions to install the application on your computer.

Step 3

Launch the application and select “Try Now”
Next, Login with your Toon Boom ID (email address that you used to login to this website)