My experience with toonboom licences

I thought I would post this experience because there has been discussion about this in the past.

There has been talk about if you have an licence code and the computer fails then the licence code is trapped on the computer. Well I bought a new laptop and within 3 days the hard drive had total failure (just got a replacement laptop) but I couldn’t return the licence because it wouldn’t load.

I emailed support went to bed, got up and it is all fixed. I was very relieved the process was simple and painless.

Thanks for posting this!!! A couple of days ago my hard disk failed literally about 6 hours after I purchased Animate. I emailed support, but have yet to hear back from them. I bought a new computer rather than buy a copy of Windows and a new hard drive. How did you re-install the program to a new computer or did you back up the install file? Does the download link from your purchase stay active?

Thanks,
-A

…after posting the previous comment, I thought I’d try to re-download, install and try to activate with my original activation code. Much to my suprise everything went perfectly. This is the first time I’ve ever had a software company act quickly and effectively. A truly painless and simple process!

Yeah the download link is always there. You can install it on multiple computers and switch the licence.

Glad you got it fixed :slight_smile:

Yay! 8)