Multiple scenes with soundtrack

Ive come to the point where I now have the elements for animating a music video. The holdup is putting all the scenes together with a three minute long soundtrack
Do I first import the soundtrack, then attach all the scenes (about a dozen)?
I tried doing this but all I got was just the first scene, subsequent scenes had no soundtrack
I could do this as one long scene but that would be a nightmare of clutter
The help guide just skims over this so im stumped on how to go about doing this. What is the procedure?

I’m making a music video too!

I don’t know if this is the ‘correct’ process, but my plan of action is to export all the scenes (I have 8) as individual mov clips, and then edit them all together using Final Cut or Premier while synching up the audio track. You can do something similar in After Effects, too, if you have that program. Using After Effects is cool because you can pull in the swf exports from TB at excellent quality - AND you can use some of the really need effects like film grain, or glow, or even add a particle emitter to make fire or smoke.

If you want to keep everything in TB, you have to save your individual project / scenes to the library and then import them all into one long TB project (if you make the individual scenes as a child of an empty peg, you can open and close the peg to cut through some of the clutter). The problem I’m having with that is then my camera moves get all messed up and I have to redo them with the ‘Master Project’ camera. You can’t turn multiple cameras ‘on’ and ‘off’ in one single export.

If you have the means, I really recommend editing your dozen or so clips together in a video editing app - like Final Cut, or Premier, or even iMovie - and synching your audio up to them there. That’s what I’m going to do. Like I said, I don’t know if it’s ‘right’ or not.

Hope this helps!

Kris10

Hi kris- thanks for getting back to me
Hmm, that could be why TBS doesn’t talk much about the subject- according to you this becomes more involved than the program can handle. It does say in the help guide that it does work with overlapping scenes but doesnt elaborate
What I was think of trying was putting the soundtrack on all the scenes seperately then splice the ST to just the frames it matches up with in that scene. Time consuming and difficult, so there has to be an easier way
stay tuned, maybe someone knows the answer for sure