Multiple Layers Not Included in Template Creation

I’m using Storyboard Pro 4.2 on a Mac with OX 10.9.5. I used to be able to select multiple layers in the Stage View and drag them over to the Library to create a Template with multiple layers; now it only takes the first in the list of selected layers and creates a Template of only that layer. I’ve tried restarting the program and restarting the computer, but it’s still not converting all of the layers. It works okay if I drag in the whole Panel from the Thumbnail view, but I don’t necessarily want to create templates that way. Please help!

I have just tested this in Storyboard Pro 2 on Windows and Mac.
It was working exactly the same as it is now in Storyboard Pro 4.2.
I have however made a feature request to be able to select multiple
layers of a panel to make a templete from.

Which specific software and version do you remember doing this in?

Hi rkriz,

I thought I was able to do it earlier that same day, in the same version of the software. But maybe I was imagining it, because other people on my production are having the same issue. But the instructions on the website, in the Getting Started Guide (http://docs.toonboom.com/help/storyboard-pro/Content/SBP/Getting_Started/006_CT_Library.html?Highlight=creating%20templates), state that you can select multiple layers and create a template that way, so maybe I’m not hallucinating.

My current workaround has been to isolate the layers I want to create into a TPL into a new scene, then from the Timeline or Thumbnail View, drag that scene into the Library instead and create a Template that way.