Multiple instances of TBS

How can I have more than 1 instance of TBS open at the same time? I’m working w/ the multiplane tutorial, and would like to compare the finished animation from the tutorial w/ the version I’m working on, but can’t figure out how to have 2 animations open at the same time.

Hi Rattlebrain,

You can easily do that by simply launching the exe of toon boom studio 2 times. This will open a second window in which you can work on.

Best regards,

Ugo

How do you do that on a Mac? I keep TBS in my dock, and if I have a project open in TBS and I click on the TBS icon in the dock again, it just puts me back in the original TBS window. If I click on New or Open in the File menu of TBS, it tries to open something within the same instance of TBS. I guess this is really a Mac question, but if you know the answer, I’d be grateful for the info!

Hi Rattlebrain,

It seem that Mac automatically detect what is currently opened and focus on it when you try to open it a second time. Although, there is a way to cheat the system by simply copying the Toon Boom Studio v3.5 application and pasting it as a copy in the folder. Then when you have to open the application 2 times you can simply open the original one and the copy from the finder.

Let us know if this solves the issue.

Best regards,

Ugo