Multiplane Scene Tutorial for Mac !HELP PLEASE!

Hellooo everybody,

I’m the proud owner of the Toonboom Studio V2 and I’m currently going through the tutorial. So far everything has been fine, but I’m stuck now at the “Building a Multiplane Scene” tutorial boohoo! Basically, I do get the camera peg to work but I can’t seem to get the ant running through the scene. I’ve done everything step by step according to the tutorial, but the Top and Side View of the camera looks completely different in the book than it does on my screen… I’m using OS X and it runs with classic (if that helps!)

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!
So long,

The Fat Squirrel

Hello M,

It’s all sorted, I found out that some steps are missing in the tutorial, but I had a “wild guess” and it worked in the end.
Thanks for your reply though. As for your question, no TBS doesn’t run in the classic environment, I run it in OS X with Classic, sorry for the confusion.

Take care,

Ruth :wink:

I have recently purchased Studio V3. I’m having the same problem you mentioned with the tutorial. I think I’m following all the steps, but for the life of me, I can’t get Mike Ant to appear.
How were you able to resolve this problem?

P Riley

Toon Boon Studio does offer a User Guide but they want you to pay another $40 for it. I was looking at various animation software and Toon Boom was the only one that did not supply ANY info on its use and/or functions and capabilities. They seem to think that I should buy the guide to determine if the software was what I needed or not. They brag about all its features and abilities but I would NEVER buy a software package that I had not previously investigated and determined its worthiness. BECAUSE software is not a refundable item, even if it does not meet your needs. Toon Boom (as I understand it does not even ship with documentation nor is it included in the demo download) it seems to me that the makers of this software have a greed complex to charge extra for something that should come with the software at least. And I have seen their so-called tutorials, well produced, but they show nothing of the software to speak of. There are TOO many other excellent software animation packages out there to be sucked in by a greedy company like this one obviously is. They even CHARGE for tech support for products you purchase from them… HOW LAME IS THAT! Look around people and choose wisely Toon Boom is by no means the only, or the best, on the market. I contacted the customer service, by the way, and could not believe that they actually wanted to sell me a user guide to software I did not know whether or not I even wanted… their actions spoke volumes and I took my money and business elsewhere!

I hope you resolved this problem, but if not here are some things to check out.

(1) do you have a check mark in the show element column on the time line. If not, you need to tell TBS to show this element otherwise it omits it from the scene.

(2) check in the various camera views (top and side) to be sure you don’t have Mike Ant running behind some other element and thus being hidden by that element.

(3) check the location where you have Mike Ant running and besure you don’t have him outside of the camera view “cone” at the time he enters the scene. If you do then he is running outside of the cameras field of view. If the camera has moved past Mike Ant he is not going to be visible because the camera can’t see him. It is like he is running behind the camera.

Any of these things could be causing the problem you describe. -JK