Multi-Transformation-Switch Node

Hi,

I often have multiple Transformation-Switch nodes that are linked to the same drawing timing column but that are controlling different parents and children.

That works fine, but it is quite hard to keep updated and working, espacially when human animators are involved. :slight_smile:

The Transformation-Switches get easily out of sync, once you change a cell’s assigned transformation slot or add/remove parent nodes, which impacts on the input-ports’ number and order.

That’s why I think that it would be cool if there was a “Multi-Transformation-Switch” allowing to switch input transformations for several different targets at the same time.

• Every transformation target would have one input-transformation-port-hub grouping it’s input-ports.
  • The node’s properties would remain unchanged compared to the existing “Transformation-Switch” node.
  • the Switch would still be controlled by one single drawing’s timing and the Transformation Names would be shared by the transformation ports of the different hubs.

Please note:
In the first place I had in mind a separate passive self-syncing Transformation-Switch instance.
https://forums.toonboom.com/t/synced-passive-transformation-switch-node/21196
Now, I think that this request could be considered as obsolete as the “Multi-Transformation-Switch” seems to me to be a way more straightforward approach. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually need to switch image and transformation data in a synced way.
That’s why I think that it would be very very useful, if in this module the user could decide if a hub will host image or transformation data.

And if it is in “Image” mode, it would be great if there was the possibility to set the output mode to “Pass Through” like described in this feature request:
https://forums.toonboom.com/t/image-switch-with-pass-through-mode/21054

This would turn the module into a Multi-Multi-Switch. :slight_smile:

Here is a sample image of the described Multi-Switch module showing how it could look like with one hub working as an Image-Switch and the two other ones as Transformation-Switches.

This images illustrates the idea of that when the input-port order of one hub is changed (by dragging it), the input-port orders of the other hubs would update automatically.