Moving selections without being right over a line

Here’s a question that there may not be an answer for. While working “tradigitally” I’m often selecting sections of my drawing and moving them around. My problem is that if you’re cursor isn’t touching one of your drawings precisely, then it deselects and you have to start over. Is it possible to set something in preferences or somewhere to just move whatever you have selected whether you’re on the line or not? I tend to draw with pretty thin lines when I’m roughing things and 7 out of 10 times I have to go back in and re- make my selection. Any thoughts or is this a post better-suited to Feature Requests?

good question, it’s actually annoying me too! :<br />i fine my self forced to move selections using the arrows on my keyboard just to be safe. but if i have to move my selection far away, then i zoom in just about enough to make sure the cursor is on a stroke…

I find this annoying too so I would love to know if there is a way to move the move tool to appear.

Unfortunately you have to have your cursor over a line for it to move. I can bring your feedback to the team.

As a workaround, you can always fill in with a transparent colour and it will select this. Some studios will use transparent colours to fill in larger areas around smaller drawings to make them easier to pick.

~Lilly