Moving all events along the Timeline?

Hi, really basic question here. I’m spacing out and tinkering with an animation I have finished but every time I extend a drawing it overlaps with the rest of the project. When I select and drag everything the whole project becomes a mess. How can I move everything along? Is there a Toon Boom equivalent of Sony Vegas’s Ripple Effect?

Thanks

If you’re inserting new animation at the beginning of your scene then you pretty much need to add blank frames at the start of all the other elements (layers) so that the timing of everything keeps being synchronized with each other.

You can do this by right-clicking a cel and “Insert Blank Cel” or “Insert Cell” and choosing “In All Elements” from the dialogue window that appears.

You can also do it by hand by selecting everything and drag-moving it over to the right in the timeline by the number of frames you want to add.

You seem to be mixing two unrelated topics.

There is no Ripple transition effect in TB Studio.

Can you be more specific about what is “a messing” your animation?

What is overlapping with what?

When you extend a layer the project is extended on all layers.

Are you trying to move a sequence of one layer?

I am not sure what you mean.

So I have a project spread over about 30 layers. I want to, for example, move every layer back 30 seconds so that I can insert a new animation at the start of the scene. What would be my procedure for doing this? The only cay I can see to move drawings on a timeline is to highlight it from the point you want to move it from all the way to the end of the project and manually move it. But then this layer is out of sync with the other layers and the keyframes no longer match their drawings. Do I have to repeat this process with every single layer in my project in order to move the whole thing forwards 30 seconds, or is there a simpler way of performing this action?

Thanks