Move Color Art Layer to Line Art layer?

So I noticed I was drawing my lines in the color art layer and wonder how to move them to line art layer. :confused:

Nothing too scary, I’ve got 1 Drawing layer with 5 frames so far, could do this manually one frame at the time but how do I select all 5 frames in the color art layers and move them to the art layer?

Since I noticed alot of similar stuff in harmony is doable in at least 10 different ways so what is the “best” way of moving stuff on multiple frames between color art layer to line art layer?

Also this kind of stuff would be so much easier if the Art Layers were exposed in the timeline, just like the Thumbnail mode is very useable to see the visual frames, it would be just like selecting the color art layer and hit ctr+x and paste it on the line art layer… and in the top thumbnail view, that would be the composite of all sub layers…

If there are just five drawings you could simply copy/paste the lines from
the colour art to the line art layers one at a time. You can’t copy all 5 at the
same time.

If it was a mistake made on a larger scale I’d recommend writing a script to do so for you. Or, depending on the needs of your project, continue on but use colourArt as your lines layer and underLay for your colors.

I don’t know how your workspace is set up, but my default shows the art layers, and the currently selected art layer, to the right of my drawing and camera window. Much easier to see there than looking down at the timeline. The timeline is already very crowded and I don’t think they want to put more clutter to double expose something already there.

hmm just replied, post deleted…

Thanks, I have my art layer icons (Line/color) on the right side of camera/drawing tabs but Im not used to always throw an eye there but I guess it comes with time…

BUT the real confusion is that line art and color art sub layers are not working as they work in Drawing view, I tend to draw mostly in Camera view and the “Preview all art layers” icon (the eye) in Camera mode doesn’t work as in Drawing mode… It has no effect either its on or off… maybe the preview all art layers icon shoud be completely gone or dimmed when in Camera mode, because it has no effect, you see both layers anyway BUT edit/draw on the selected art layer… maybe I added more to the confusion now :slight_smile:

About art sub layers visibility in the timeline could be an user option like a lot of other stuff :)…

So this is not possible then :(… Yepp, nothing too hard since only 5 frames,
I cut/pasted them manualy from color art to line art layer…

Btw, I posted a feature request about having an option for showing art layers in the timeline, if that’s not possible maybe do a visual clearer indication of which current active art layer Im currently on?! those small L/C icons indicating current art layer is not doing it so well for me… :frowning:

Also, whats up with all these 5x7 pixel font size everywhere?
I Can’t see them, for example, those small drawing/exposure numbers on the timeline thumbail are impossible to see, is there user option to make them larger? UI font size option?

One more thing.
When in Camera mode, should the Preview all art layers icon (the eye) be there at all? it should be gone or dimmed since it has no effect because you see all art layers anyway… adds more to the confusion me thinks…
In Drawing mode, its useful to se all art layers together but not in camera mode… so I want to know what is “preview all art layers” use in Camera mode?

Camera and Drawing views are set differently by default but you can make them similar to a certain point (though that could defeat the purpose of having them set separately to switch quickly when required). By default, Camera shows everything, as you know, Drawing is great to quickly work on a single layer and easier with the sublayers. But, you can see just one of the sublayers on the Camera view, by clicking on the Current Drawing on Top icon (might be below your camera view, between the light table and the camera mask icons). When you activate the Current Drawing on Top button you’ll see just the selected sublayer (as long as Preview is off). As the name of the button suggests, you’ll also see the layer on top all others even if it’s actually behind them. (Only works when you select a drawing tool.)

[quote=“lcanau”]

Camera and Drawing views are set differently by default but you can make them similar to a certain point (though that could defeat the purpose of having them set separately to switch quickly when required). By default, Camera shows everything, as you know, Drawing is great to quickly work on a single layer and easier with the sublayers. But, you can see just one of the sublayers on the Camera view, by clicking on the Current Drawing on Top icon (might be below your camera view, between the light table and the camera mask icons). When you activate the Current Drawing on Top button you’ll see just the selected sublayer (as long as Preview is off). As the name of the button suggests, you’ll also see the layer on top all others even if it’s actually behind them. (Only works when you select a drawing tool.)[/quote]

awesome, thanks!
I missed this one completely! :smiley: