mouth drawings for turnaround cut-out character

How do I label the mouth variations for each side? for example I named A,B,C,D,E,F,G,X to the mouth variations for the front side of the character… since I am drawing the mouths for the other sides (1/2 and 1/4) in the same layer how am I supposed to call the other mouth drawings? I ask this because I am under the impression that Animate needs the A,B,C,D,E,F,G,X to do the auto-lip. THanks.

I don’t think it is possible to use autolipsync for multiple shapes in different positions.

I would be interested if anyone has a way around this.

Currently I just split the scene as the head turns or lip sync it myself (it actually isn’t that hard to do).

I also run into the same problem because i have a happy/sad/angry/normal set for lip sync depending on characters mood.

Mapping only can map one column. If you have all orientations (front, side, 3/4) in one column, you need to use drawing substitution using it in Library to switch the drawings (drawing substitution) for different view after the mapping.

You can also separate the orientation as master templates for each (front_master, fq_master, side_master…) and brings different master when character turns. For the sound, you can import the same sound twice and then you can map them on different mouth elements (one for front and another one for the 3/4 view for example). This looks more practical.

hope this helps without changing much for your original rigged character

Mmmmm, yes… ???

you’re right. i love drawing substitutions, too :slight_smile:
rob