Motion Blur in Toon Boom Animate (Pro)?

Hi guys,

I’m currently evaluating Toon Boom Animate (Pro) as a complete replacement for our current software package After Effects. We want to stream most of our content and the swf-export sounds very interesting for that purpose to decrease bandwidth because almost all of our graphics are vector based anyway.

As far as I can tell, is TB Animate capable of all the functionality that we need. However, I couldn’t figure out if Toon Boom Animate actually includes the facilities to render motion blur?

Could anyone give me a hint if that’s actually possible?

Also I do have another question: What are Animate’s text effect capabiltities? Can it compete with AE? That’s another important aspect!

Thanks a lot!!

Frank

Hey frankieboy. Toon Boom Animate does render various types of blur and since it’s an effect, it can be animated over time, giving nice results. I don’t know how it is with Animate Pro, but with Animate you will only see it in render mode, and if you want to take a look at the scene, scrubbing won’t show you blurs, you have to export. I think Pro has real time effects, but don’t take my word for it.

Now, if you add too many effects like that, your movies will still be very big, so not much of a bandwidth save will be possible. Animate’s text cababilities are unexistent. Animate does not do text. So no animated typography for you. What I can tell you, though, is that with Animate you’ll get more professional looking animations if that’s what you are after (character animation, with good backgrounds, and lipsyncing and action…). After effects, in that sense, is a glorified pop out book. If you’re looking to animate adds and signs, and stuff like that you’re better off with AF. Hope that helps.

Have a great day!