More trouble saving

Hello
I’m new to Toon Boom and to this forum, but I will try to be thorough in my explanation.

I’m running OSX 10.4.11 on a dual 2GHz PowerPC G5
2.5 GB DDR SDRAM

I can open, draw and save files without error, but as soon as I import a file and save, I get the error: "Error while saving the animation set. Unable to access file ."

That’s all it tells me. Any clues to solving this problem are greatly appreciated.

-S

PS. I’ve already followed the advice of checking permissions. All folders are set to read&write.

Sorry to reply so much, but maybe I left out a few details that can help.

Like I said, the project file saves fine when using drawings created in ToonBoom, and it also saves fine after importing my psd file into the global library, but as soon as I drag the item into the drawing window and try to save, I get the error.

It seems to hang up while processing "Finalization and Cleanup… Deleting file test3.tbp.new"

Which seems to be the permissions problem, but after getting info on the folders and files used, they are clearly set read&write.

thanks again

-S

Hi,

If you have a chance try to boot your machine under an administrator account and see if you get better result. It does indeed seems to be related to permission. Have you tried saving directly on your C: drive. It may also have something to do with the path in which you are saving which has some unrecognized characters.

Best regards,

Ugo

Well, I got this computer from a job I did a while back. Even when attempting to change the main user name, it tells me that I don’t have sufficient access privileges to rename it. But I can create new users and give them all privileges, including admin. This may be the same problem… Any idea on how to deal with that?

:frowning:

-S

Hi,

You clearly should contact whoever gave you the machine to get access to an account that has admin privilege (if you don’t manage to create one). If you did manage to do so just try to proceed through the saving and see if you get better result while logged with this new account.

Best regards,

Ugo

Got it! I had to activate root user.

Thanks for the help.