merging lines turns my corner to curve

When i use the merge/join lines tools, I sometimes loses 1 of my sharp corner and suddenly turned into a curve for some unknown reason, why and how do i avoid this from happening?

Thank you

Hi there!

I’m not sure if this will help, but I’ll try my best.

All art software that uses vector points have issues like this. The issue arises when vector points intersect after they have been drawn in separate lines.

There isn’t much you can do to prevent it, but you can correct in a couple of ways.

If you use the black arrow to select all of your lines that you want to merge together, you can use the “Pencil to Brush” button to turn the lines into brush lines and then click the “Flatten” button and that will merge it all together. But it won’t be stroke lines anymore.

If you need to keep your lines as strokes, then merge them and then try this:

1.You can add or manipulate the curved vector point back to being a sharp corner. To add a vector point, use the white arrow tool to select the artwork. Then hold down the Control key while placing the white arrow where you want the new vector and right click with your mouse. This will add a new vector point.

1. To manipulate the new point or the original one that was made curved, use the white arrow to click the vector point and then click on the green “handles” to adjust the vector point. If you hold down the alt key before clicking on the green handle, you can force the vector point to adjust only one of the handles at a time. You can do this to force a curved vector into a sharp corner.

I hope this helps you out. If I misunderstood your question, then my apologies. Good luck!