maybe wrong drawings

hi,
oh this is the first time for me to write in a forum - but here comes a big question searching for help! I´d be so greatfull if anybody out there could give me advise! I´m working on my diplomaproject, a classic 2d cartoon and I´m about to switch to harmony, after having a ridicoulous time with Animo. I have no idea about Harmony yet, but I am eager to learn! The first thing that is making me scared: maybe my drawings aren´t right. I have about a minute of animation done on paper - that i would rebuild in harmony and then continue the animation to about a four minute film. the problem is - that i have big pupils in the design of all creatures - and i drew them black with the pencil till now… i guess that was unprofessional to draw them in with pencil, (but - for that i had full eyecontact…)could anybody tell me - if this will work at all with the vectorisation?

the programm isn´t fully installed yet, so I couldn´t try it out - but I attached a sample drawing
(it is a plain 300dpi photoshop scan)

thankyou already!
angela

http://www.egmontmayer.com/images/cam_01.jpg

Hi Angela,

If you are to switch to Harmony or Solo the black pupil might be problematic in the Color Art but the Line art will be fine (basically there are 2 levels of in Solo/Harmony on to put the lines and one to put paint (though you can paint in the line level)). Basically what will happen is that the pupil will end up being painted in the line level instead of the color level and it might create weird lines all over under the pupil in the Color Art.

In the end your drawing will be fine so there is nothing to worry there. Although if you want to repaint the pupil another color then the lines this might be a little more difficult.

If you were to use Toon Boom Studio this wouldn’t be a problem at all since all is on one layer so you will end up with the black color already painted and the rest of the character to paint. Again if you wanted to change the pupil color you would have to go repaint it manually.

If you have further question about Harmony make sure to post them in the Solo section for you will have more people able to help you over there.

Best regards,

Ugo

thankyou very much Ugo - I am a bit reliefed ! I don´t have the scanner going yet - so I´ll just see what happens as soon as possible (I bet I´ll be coming back for help cause it all still seems very complex)oh, and I´m writing here again cause I thought when I am working with opus harmony I´d be right here, no? Solo seems to be another software part - but I think I don´t have that (sorry, this is embaressing - i´m a starter) if you still think i shall post by Solo - okay…
thanks again, Angela

Hi Angela,

Actually Solo is the stand alone version of Harmony. On the other side Toon Boom Studio is a completely different software (developped independantly). Therefor most of the question you would address to this forum wouldn’t be understood by the users since most of the option in Opus/Harmony/Solo are not present inside Toon Boom Studio (and same goes the other way around for some features).

Best regards,

Ugo