Maya Camera

Any chance of getting Maya Camera import into Animate 2 Pro?
I know you have a fairly complex 3D solution for Harmony that involves getting the two programs to work together. Is it possible to strip out the camera only part of that and make it available to Animate?
Thanks,
Jeff

Let me look into this for you next week. Off the bat, for the moment, I would have to say that probably the answer is no, that this is not possible - however I wouldn’t want to give you a definitive answer at the moment.

I’ll let you know when I have the full answer.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I’d love for you to take a look at my method for bringing Maya data into animate pro.
https://forums.toonboom.com/toon-boom-animate-family/tips-and-tricks/importing-maya-data-animate-pro-possibly-harmony

Looks great, but the video is cut short. Don’t see the actual import of the data. Also wondering if it is possible to go the other way. Get the camera out of ToonBoom into Maya. Great work!
Jeff

Jeff, if you right click on the video and choose to view it on YouTube you can see the other two parts.

-Mark

Yes, the actual import is in video 2. There is a good bit of setup work, so it takes a while to get there, and I don’t have the Youtube savvy to make good intros and outros between videos.
No way of getting the ToomBoom camera to Maya right now, but I think it’s doable with some scripting to generate a MELscript. I’d also be interested in making a version for Blender.

Yes. It would certainly be interesting to be able to import the camera from toon boom into maya.

Got’em thanks!