maximum resolution

hey all! Anyone know the maximum resolution you can export from toon boom? Just shy of 4k resolution is the highest I’ve been able to get it to do. But I’d love to know the exact number of the maximum as opposed to trying to figure it out by trial and error. The User Guide doesn’t mention a number.

-sd3

The maximum values you can set a scene to is:
2048 x 2048

thanks gm!

FYI, I am routinely exporting at 3840 x 2160 – maybe when you’re working in 16:9 TB gives you more leeway with the length, but the width is held at 2048?

BTW, I’m in TB Studio 4.5

-s

Hi,
no, like kriz wrote. I have V5. The maximum I can choose is 2048x2048 only!!!

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the “animation properties” under the file menu – I’m able to type whatever properties I want in there. 3840 x 2160 works great, but anything over 4000 just results in exports that look like digital noise.

I got to this because my usual HD (1920 x 1080) exports were looking too pixilated in After Effects when they had to zoom too much. So I set the TB properties to 3840 x 2160 – double the resolution. The PNG image sequences come out twice as large and therefore much less pixilated in After Effects – they can withstand scaling of up to 200% and still have clean lines that look vector-perfect. (For reasons too unimportant to mention, I am on a project that’s doing final compositing and camera moves in After Effects.)

Maybe this was a disimprovement from v4.5 to 5? As I mentioned, I’m still on 4.5.

So, do I have a special copy of TB that can export higher res PNGs than you guys? What’s going on here?

-s

Hi,

The resolution was actually supposed to be limited to 2048*2048 in version 4.5 as well. Though you could do it through the animation properties which was actually fixed.

Take note that such high resolution with long project may cause software instabilities so always make sure to save your project before trying such a render.

Regards,

Ugo