Marking Audio/Timeline

I tried posting this in the general discussion a couple weeks back and got no reply, so I’ll repost is here to see if anyone can help me…

I’m new to using Storyboard Pro, and loving it so far! My question has to do with the timeline and/or audio.

I have been provided with audio tracks and am creating a storyboard/animatic that is timed to the narration. Is there any way to mark the audio tracks, or mark the timeline itself, to indicate a certain point in the audio? Ie if I need to cue a cut from one panel to another to the word “Look!” in my audio, can I create some sort of visual marker for the exact time the narrator says “Look!”? Is there a way to import markers from another software (aka Adobe Audition), or create them directly in Storyboard Pro?

I’ve run into a lot of frustration with this, as every time I change the length of a panel or scene I have to go through and manually match my cues again, AND I have to scrub to find the point in the audio, and adjusting the panel to match is very time consuming and frustrating.

Thanks for your help!

I don’t believe Storyboard has an actual marker tool that can place markers on an audio track, but what I do is use the "Split clip at current frame"command. It’s both a visual marker as well as a way of keeping sync with a specific scene, should you need to add more time to any shot before. Storyboard links the start of an audio track with whatever scene panel it starts on and moves with that panel when it’s shifted in the timeline, which I think is an excellent feature!
As for the cue syncing issue, have you tried holding down “option” when you click and drag a scene/panel divider line? That will limit the shifting to only the scene/panel going out and the scene/panel coming in. All other scenes/panels will remain where they are in the timeline. Another great feature!
Hope this helps!