managing color palettes

i have a palette that i created for my work. for every new project, i import that palette. this morning i noticed that TBA2 is creating a copy of that palette file in every one of my project directories. i thought that it would create a link to it so that if i made a change in one project it updated all of the projects. is “import” the right way to do this? or should i be using “clone”?

Hi,

The importing of the template is done the right way. I think the step you are missing is the one that will not copy the palette when importing a template in a scene that already have that palette. Whenever you import such a template press down the alt key has you drop the template in the scene. This should bring up the Paste Special window (it need to be dropped in the timeline for it to appear). In the Advanced tab of this window you will be given a bunch of palette management option that can be used (at the bottom).

Best regards,

Ugo

Ugo, maybe I’m approaching this the wrong way?

I click on the “View Menu” icon in the Palette pane, then select “Palettes” then select “Import…”. I’m not dragging anything into the scene.

Hi,

I might have missunderstood the question to start with. If I understand correctly what you want to achieve is to create a master palette which will be shared throughout all your projects?

If that is the case be aware that this concept does not exist in Animate 2, this is more of a production feature mainly used in Harmony (where multiple people will be working on a scene and everything need to be kept in sync).

For your specific case you would need to manually swap the palette file from the project folder whenever you want to update palettes (need to be done in each scene that share a palette).

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks, Ugo, that’s exactly what I needed to know.