make scripts on easy tasks - like creating a cutter

I would like to know how to create an script to use for creating a cutter on current layer and set that to inverted.

would be interesting to know how complex scripts you can do. A kind of recording process like in photoshop would be nice.

Have you tried saving out templates for things you find repetitive? For example the anti-aliasing issue with masking an object with another object of the same size produces that fuzzy thin line. So the workaround is to use a Matte-Resize module. People groan about this but why not just set up a folder in your Harmony Library, and create different Cutter setups and then save them out as template files. Need a Cutter that uses the Color-Override module? Set it up and make the adjustments and save it out, then drag it from you library into the Node View when you need it. Do you use Cutters with Auto-Patch or Line Art and Color Art Modules? Set those up and save them out.

For that Matte-Resize Cutter I set it up with placeholders for the Drawings, attached the Matte-Resize, input a value of 0.5 for the radius, and then created a Backdrop, named it and wrote notes to myself to help refresh my memory when I drag it into Node View. Select the Backdrop and copy and paste it into your library. This is just an early attempt, a proof of concept, but you get the idea.

Here is a scene shot of what it looks like:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Q_z1qibr1NNTZRakxnaXJBQ00/view?usp=sharing

You don’t have to keep the Backdrop itself, just use the contents and delete it, but it makes organizing and explaining things much easier. The one thing I would like to see is the ability to format the text within the Backdrop, like to be able to position the text in certain areas, but that is a minor quibble.

In your case you could make a Cutter template and check the invert box and save it out. Here is an example of how I did that and also added modules that I use frequently with it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Q_z1qibr1NU3VhUldVdHFwbGM/view?usp=sharing

It may not be the same as creating a script, or recording your actions but it works pretty well for me.

Thanks a lot,
This is a good way to get acces to features faster.
I use harmony adv so I dont have the node system but it works anyway.

Some say that I should get premium but so far advance has mostly what I need.

Thanks again for sharing your workflow.