macOS Sierra (OSX) and Harmony 14 Premium—Working for you?

I’ve put off updating to Sierra mainly because of Harmony and the fact that the requirements page lists 10.11 (yes, and above—I’d prefer it specifically listed 10.12) and some of the posts I’ve seen here stating problems running Harmony on Sierra.

So, I was wondering how many of you are running Harmony 14 (Premium or otherwise) with no problems on Sierra? Is it safe to upgrade? Any gotchas?

I thought for sure there would be a maintenance release by now that officially supported Sierra, but I’m relatively new to Toon Boom and I didn’t realize they don’t really update their software often. So, since we are getting close to DubDub and a NEW version of macOS, I’d like to go ahead and update to the one from last year :wink:

I’m on a 15" MBP Retina 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, with the dual graphics cards (IRIS 1536 VRAM/Raedon R9 M370X 2048 VRAM). It’s the model before the touch bar MBP.

Any reports greatly appreciated.

Thx,
John

I’d hold off mate. I’m trying to use Premium 14 today and it’s crashing constantly. I’m using Sierra on my mac.

Normally Toon Boom would have released at least one update by now, given the major release date.

This drought is unprecedented.

Thank you both for the feedback. This seems baffling for a major software company. Maybe a bad sign for their future Mac support? Oh well, I’ll keep on rocking that El Cap look :wink:

I don’t think it has anything to do with support for OS X. Plenty of people are on the Mac platform. Toon Boom is the industry standard.

It is generally a mistake to jump into a new operating system but in cases where it comes with a new computer you have no choice. It takes a while for kinks to be worked out of major operating system changes. In this regard it seems like Toon Boom historically has been more like a boutique software company slower at adjusting to changes.

It’s good to hear there is a strong Mac community on TB. And yes, I agree about not jumping into a new operating system, but developers received Sierra nine months ago (June 13ish). As you said, not everyone will have the luxury of simply not updating (new computers, etc.), so it would seem a basic maintenance release should’ve happened by now. Hopefully soon. Anyway, thanks again for the reply.

Normally the software works fine on Sierra, however this version of OSX does
away with the “From Anywhere” setting for “Allow Applications downloaded
from” on the General tab of Security & Privacy so the software or it’s licensing
system may be blocked.

Crashes can happen for a number of reasons so don’t jump to conclusions
before the cause has actually been investigated. Often crashes happens
due to the demands on the graphic card outpacing the hardware’s capabilities.

If you’re stuck with a crashing issue contact support to have a look at the
context under which it’s happening.