MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey

Does anyone know of the compatibility with the new MacOS 12 Monterey? Before I update, I want to make sure I won’t lose anything. Big Sur had issues when it was first released, but I got lucky after I already updated before checking. I haven’t been able to find much at all online yet related to Toon Boom 21 and the new MacOS but if anyone knows, it would help tremendously. Thanks!

7 Likes

I upgraded because I’m too impatient. So far, Harmony just keeps crashing when I try to open it. So it looks like I’m going to have to downgrade to Big Sur.

5 Likes

Me to… (((( under Monterey (12.0.1) TBH21 does not work!!! be careful !!!

5 Likes

well I’m an idiot for not checking back here before my MacBook updated itself. now I either have to wait it out (a big no there) or downgrade. which is just a hassle. lame.

4 Likes

Hello !, update to monterrey and the same problem, when it starts it falls. I hope a prompt solution!

2 Likes

My computer updated and now I am also experiencing TBH21 crashing every time I try to open it. I can’t find much information about this or a solution apart from downgrading.

6 Likes

still crashing (with Monterry update) as of this writing for me at least.

4 Likes

I just downloaded Harmony with the time-limited free trial and now it won’t even open :(. Whenever I try to run the software it just instantly crashes. I’m guessing it’s because my Mac is updated to Monterey 12.0.1. I hope that there is a fix for it soon because this trial will just run out until there is one…

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me using the trial. So far its been one week going on two weeks using this as a test for how long it takes toonboom to update when Mac operating systems update.

2 Likes

I have the same problem Harmony Premium 21 crashing, do you know when will be a solution? or a patch to run in Monterey?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I change my computer to a new one :frowning: How is it possible that a company that receives a new operating system several months in advance still does not have its main software prepared?

4 Likes

Best to hold off updating, contact support if you already have.

Hey there, I got this version from their support team and it works on Monterey on both Intel and M1

https://fileshare.toonboom.com/wl/?id=lfJyWi4XW9uJzHRHbnZ9HN9Qnb9p7y0z

2 Likes

hope it works for yall

I also got a patch after contacting support and it’s been working fine for me so far.

2 Likes

If anyone could advise? I’ve just upgraded to Big Sure. My projects created in Harmony Toon Boom 21 essential will not work. The frames remain blank and I keep getting messages about missing files. I simply don’t know how to move forward. It was all working so well before I’ve replaced my hard drive upgraded to BS. I’m using MacBook Retina, late 2013. Thank you so much!

@mgrezova if possible can we get a screen capture of the error messages. You are also updated to the lastest Harmony 21 release 21.0.1?

I was forced to downgrade to Big Sur and it seems to be working alright. I don’t recommend running it on a laptop though. Between that and my Cintiq 24 pro they burned out my MacBook logic board. I’d like to upgrade to Monterey but does anyone know when the Harmony 21 patch will be out?

Harmony 21.1 is already available.