Mac Saving Issue "Global.tbc.new"

Hello, I just purchased 4.5 and cannot get my projects to save. I always get the error message that it is “Unable to access file Global.tbc.new” or I get an error “Unable to access file testfile.tbp.new”.

I think what is happening is ToonBoom is not creating a tbp file within the tbpd file/folder. When I look inside the tbpd file with “Show Package Contents” I see the “scene”, “Sound” and “Templates” folders but not the tbp file.

I have created 2 files that worked and they have the tbp file inside but I cannot recreate this.

Everything else works great but I can’t save any of my work! Please help, I didn’t find much on the forums about this.

Using Mac OS X 10.4.11 Macbook w/ Wacom Intuous.

Thanks!

Hi,

Did you try using an administrator account on your machine to make sure you have all rights to save the project? Also, during the installation of the software did you open up the software from the DMG package or did you drop it in you Application folder?

Regards,

Ugo

Yes, I am in the admin account. I did copy the App to the Applications folder. I had this problem when I used the demo too with version 4.0 a while back. I was never able to save my projects but i figured it was just because it was a demo version. But now that I bought it I still cannot save my files and now I am using v4.5.

Should I try deinstalling? Deleting preferences? Thanks Ugo.

Hi,

You might indeed want to delete the preferences of the software. You could also try to configure the location of the Global Library elsewhere in case there are some permission issue for some reason.

Also have you tried saving the actual project elsewhere on the machine?

Regards,

Ugo

Thanks Ugo, problem solved! I had my permissions set to “system” instead of “myusername”. Once I switched it, all was good. Thanks again for your help!