Are there any plans for supporting 10.7 in the near future?
I’m running Storyboard Pro on Mac OS 10.7 Lion (3 month test license with Harmony Stand Alone). Haven’t done too much with it yet but it seems to be running without problems so far.
PS: Or did you actually mean 10.8?
Thanks for the info. I’m using 10.7.5. I can’t even start up Storyboard --as soon as I enter my license information it says “thank you for puchasing” and then it crashes. Tried 2 different macbooks with the same problem. The license did work on my windows machine so it’s not a license issue. I’ll email support now that I know it’s working for someone else with the same o/s.
That’s strange. I’m on 10.7.5, too. Are you using Storyboard or Storyboard Pro? Maybe it’s an issue with the “normal” version (the “Not-Pro” version)?
To prevent the Toon Boom software closing unexpectedly after launching it on Mac OS,
YOU MUST HAVE A PRINTER CONFIGURED on your machine.
So you must either, physically connect a printer or install a virtual one.
How to Configure a Virtual Printer:
If you do not have a physical printer connected to your computer you can configure a virtual one, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Apple top menu and access System Preferences.
- Access the Print and Fax section from the System Preferences.
- Press the [+] button at the bottom left of the device list (white section on the left).
If you don’t have access to the button, you may first need to unlock the options by clicking on the lock Icon and login with a local administrator account.
- From the top of the new Add Printer window, make sure you are in the IP section. Then in the Protocol drop-down list select “Internet Printing Protocol - IPP”.
- In the Address Field, type the following address: 127.0.0.1 (this IP should be redirecting your own machine IP, no actual external connection will be done).
- The computer will resolve the link, this may take some time (less than a minute). Once it is done you should gain access to the Add button.
- After pressing the Add button you will get Installable Options for the IP printer.
- Press Continue without checking anything and once this is done you should be good to go.
- Close the Print & Fax window and open your Toon Boom software to confirm everything is fine.
I hope it helps, please let me know.
Technical Support Specialist
Toon Boom Animation