I have updated to OSsierra on my Mac, but it seems my Harmony Essentials won’t open because it’s still only for Mac OS X. Is there any way to update Harmony so I can use it again?
The problem is very likely due to restrictive security settings that
Apple imposes in Sierra. Try uninstalling the software by dragging
it’s folder to the trash and then emptying the trash.
- Open a terminal Window from Applications/Utilities and run the
command: sudo spctl --master-disable
in the Terminal application
- Go into the System Preferences and from there to “Security & Privacy”,
on the General tab set “Allow Applications downloaded from:” to “Anywhere”.
- Download the installer (if you don’t have it anymore)
- Mount the DMG (i.e. click on the installer for the software).
- Drag the the icon of the software to the icon of the Applications folder.
- Start the software by right-clicking and selecting Open.
Thank you so much! It opened and is working fine! ( Once again, thank you so much! )
When I open my Security & Privacy on my MacBook, it doesn’t even give me the option to click the download from anywhere option. I have something due for a class very quickly and have been trying everything, and nothing will work! Help!!!