Loop question...

ok I know when I loop somthing I can never use it again… am I using it wrong? I loop something and then it won’t let me use that peg again. I also want to know how to loop a certain part of a peg. anyway. gotta go watch lost. help me if you can please. thank you :wink:

Hi,

You should be able to modify the original peg that generated the loop after you have set a certain amount of loops. Although, it is not possible to loop only a certain part of a peg and to get this effect done you would need to use 2 pegs one above the other, 1 to loop and one to do your constant movement.

Best regards,

Ugo

how would I do that? :frowning: sorry. I fell a little stupid. I couldn’t figure it out. I tried to do what you said, I just don’t know how to get to that point

Hi,

You should still be able to use an element after looping it.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that you can only modify the section of the loop that originally made the repetitions of the animation (it should be the couple first frames of your peg which is in deeper purple). In this part of the peg you can still add new keyframes and they will be automatically added to the rest of the looping.

Ex: Your original peg had a motion keyframe on frame 1 and 10. The motion was a movement from left to right. You looped it so that the movement is extended (loop value to 2 to double the distance). Now if you go back on frame 5 and add another keyframe to your peg and move it up this should give you a arc movement on your peg. This new arc movement you have made will be automatically applied do the second section of your peg (in between 11-20) so basically you will end up with 2 arc one after the other instead of one arc and 1 strait movement from left to right afterward.

Now lets say we want to have those 2 arcs then a strait movement from 21-30. In this case what you would need to do is to create a new peg which will be parent to the other one that had the 2 arcs (basically drag and drop the peg on the other). Then all that would be left to do is set a keyframe on the frame 21 of the new peg, go to frame 30, create a keyframe on the new peg again and move it to the right (you might want to hide the peg with the arc movement with the timeline checkbox to avoid moving the wrong peg).

I guess this sums it up.

Best regards,

Ugo