Looking for an animator

Hello everyone,

I am new to the world of animating, having just started out with Toon Boom Studio several months ago and just crossing over to Animate a couple of weeks ago.

Back at the beginning of the year, I came up with an idea for an adult-oriented animation; the best way that I can describe it conceptually would be somewhat along the lines of South Park meets Squidbillies, only turbocharged. The idea and characters are original with no similarities to any of the characters’ bodies/forms or their personalities, of either show, or any other show that I or the team that I have assembled know of. The show would be a good candidate for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim programming.

Presently we have a team of three involved with the project; we did have hopes of bringing a certain animator on board with us, but he has been offered a scholarship to an out-of-state university, which he has taken that offer. The other two team members are quite sharp but they are performing different roles in the process of getting the show up and running. One team member is working on developing/implementing our business and marketing strategy, while the other team member is responsible for the storyboarding, securing music rights, and managing our website. My role has been the creative writing and character development and the copyrighting/trade marking functions.

We have over thirty stories drafted and ready to rock and roll on with the project, and an aggressive time line for getting the first episode launched to the web. What is holding us up at this point is completing the animation, as we do not have a proficient animator on the team. I am bound and determined to bring the project to life, which is how I’ve come to know of and use the Toom Boom products. While we have been on the search for an animator skilled with the Animate product and one that will be a cohesive fit with the team, which we’ve not found yet, I’ve taken it upon myself to learn the skills and do the animation portion myself, feverishly working to get our first episode posted… I don’t think that I need to tell anyone in this group that it takes some time to get proficient in these skills, so I am on the search to bring someone else on board with us.

If you are in the Charleston SC area and think that this might be something that you would like to be a part of, and you have the skill set, please do not hesitate to get in touch me!

Regards,

Jeff