Locking scenes, panels or acts in time

It would be great to be able to lock a scene or act in time. For example, In the current project I’m working I know that tha animation for the final music have to start at 22:00:00. But we are still editing the middle of the film. It would be great to be able to have some sort of “variable time” panel, that could “fill the void” between the last scene edited, and the first scene of that clip. This way I would be able to edit the film, without having to check the final length every time, and would be able to see how much time I have left to “fill the void”.

Mauricio

Thanks for the answer Lilly, I’m using this feature, but it is not exactly what I´m looking for. Let’s see if I can explain it better.

Let’s say that my film several scenes. and I Know, for sure, that scene 25, and the scenes after that, has to start at a fixed timecode It will be cut later. Scene 25 is a mark for the beginning of the final clip of the movie, like the last clip on Shrek I. But I’m still editing scenes 1 to 22.
I want to be able to move this scenes in the timeline using the features of audio sync, and locking those secens together wich is great by the way, but without affecting scene 25.

In fact I wanted to be able to have a “void space” between the scenes, as I can do in premiere for instance. As if there was a void between scene 22 and scene 25. to be filled later with scenes 23 and 24 if necessary. I want to put scene 25 at a certain timecode, and left it not linked to any other. So wathever I do on any of the previous scenes doesn’t move this scene in time.

I hope I didn’t talk too much. Sometimes I talk too much.

Thanks in advance

Mauricio

I don’t know if this helps at all but when editing timing, if you hold down Alt, then it will slip between frames without editing the final timing.

~Lilly

Thanks for the extra info, Mauricio! This helps a lot. I’ve submitted your request.

~Lilly