locking background footage

hey up Gang

I have quicktime background footage with a cam move in my project, I want my animation cam move to match that in the quicktime movie. I have managed to do some cam movement however the cam movement is also applied to my quicktime movie. I need to lock the footage down so that it doesn’t move with my new camera move I have looked at the ortholock but as of yet had no luck with it.

Thanks

Let me clarify: you have imported a quicktime movie. This movie already has some camera movement in it. Is this movie a reference for you to do your animation on top of?

If you leave the quicktime movie on, and you add a camera with some movement, then naturally when the camera in the scene moves, it will move with respect to the quicktime movie.

If you want the movie to move along with the camera, then you need to drag your movie layer to be a child of the same peg that is controlling the movement of your camera.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

the quicktime is a reference but this footage will also be the background plate for the animation so it will be comp’d on top. So far I have rendered out my animation sequence and imported it to a new stage with the quicktime behind,this has worked out a bit better, just wondered if there was a way without having to render out the sequence?

If you attach the reference footage to the same peg as your camera, then you can move it behind everything with the Maintain Size tool in the top view. Does this work?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support