Lip-syncing PSD images

I (finally) mastered the lip-syncing feature on vector drawings. But I can’t seem to make it work for PhotoShop images. Is there something else I need to do in that case?
~ Justin

Be aware, the Auto Lip Sync feature doesn’t work with Symbols…?
Uncheck “Create Symbols for Imported Items” when importing…

If you prefer a Drawing Layer check “Vectorize Imported Items”…

Otherwise, import all your PSD images (select all) and create a single layer…
Either scroll through the mouth-shapes and check in the Library-Panels
Drawing Substitution Preview every mouth-shapes name…

Or hover over every cell in the Timeline and check the name…
(could be 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 or else)

Use these names when applying the Lip-Sync Mapping…

Regards
Nolan

correct me if I am wrong but I think the Auto Lip Sync works with Symbols in Animate 2 but not Animate 1.

I really have to start playing with Animate again. I am forgetting everything since I been doing Storyboards forever it seems.

You probably need to adjust the mapping of the lip sync to match the names of the photoshop files. All of your photoshop files should be on the same drawing layer first of all. Then you can check the names of the drawings in the Xsheet. You may even want to make your life easier and rename the drawings. Select the cell in the timeline or in the Xsheet and to a right-click, Drawings > Rename Drawing. Then rename them to A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and X.

~Lilly

It does work with symbols now, only when you work in symbols, what it’s asking for is the frame number instead of the drawing name, since a symbol can contain many drawing layers. So when you select the layer with the Symbol in it, it then asks you which symbol from the next drop-down. Then if you select the symbol it automatically fills it with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. If your drawings are already on frame 1, frame 2, etc. Then just leave it and hit okay.

Hope this helps.

~Lilly