Lip sync problem in Harmony Essentials

Well, my struggle uphill with Toon Booms programmes continues. I don’t know how many years I have tried to learn first TBS and now Harmony but it is like the programmes don’t like me:)
Anyway, I am trying to make a simple animation of a face in one layer and mouth in another. Then a sound file.
I create the mouth shapes and then I name them A, B, C etc., and then I choose Map Lip Sync and choose the mouth layer as the destination layer. And it syncs - but now there are no drawings of the mouth shapes. They are gone.
I saw in another forum that one needed to right-click on the drawings itself to rename them and I tried, but no, it wouldn’t allow me.
So, what is up with this? What is the hidden secret a poor soul cannot wrap his head around?

I attach a few screenies if it helps…

Skjermbilde 2015-05-23 kl. 01.53.37.png

Skjermbilde 2015-05-23 kl. 01.54.04.png

Skjermbilde 2015-05-23 kl. 01.54.11.png

Skjermbilde 2015-05-23 kl. 01.55.22.png

Either, make sure your mouth-layers are identical named in the Lip-Sync-Mapping window,
like A, B, C etc…
Or, change the names in the Lip-Sync-Mapping window to the names of your mouth-layers.

If you need to change the name of your mouth-layers in the Timeline,
Right click the appropriate cell, Drawings / Rename Drawing.

Here is a little example (done in Animate) still the same procedure today:
http://www.nolanscott.co.nz/lip_sync.mov

Thank you and yes, the only way I could make it to work was to change the “names” to the numbers - but I wanted to change the names of the mouth shapes to the letters and I couldn’t. I right-clicked on them and chose to rename them, but as you can see from one of my attached screenies, I couldn’t. So, what’s up with that?
Anyway, I got it to work but not the way I wanted, which you have described as an alternative.

In the X-Sheet, select one of your mouth-cells (dark red),
Right-click / Drawings / Rename Drawings.
Does that work ?

Essentials doesn’t have X-Sheet, alas, as far as I know, at least…

My apologies, I didn’t know.