Linking drawing numbers?

I suspect it’s currently impossible, but I just wanted to check –

Does anyone know how to link drawing numbers across columns in Harmony Standalone? So when you change the drawing number on one column, the second linked column drawing number changes as well?

Thanks for any insight!

I’m curious what the task you are trying accomplish is. It seems like something where you need X to act as a driver for Y. Could you tell us a little more about the problem you are trying to solve?

Sure. The character design I’m working with has quite a complicated eye setup, and blinking an eye takes drawing changes in three columns. I’d love to be able to change the drawing number in one column, and have it propagate out to the other two columns.

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

-Lucas

Maybe you could use the Overlay, Line, color and underlay sub-layers and use the modules corresponding in the Network to position them in front or behind other layers. This way you would only have one drawing layer divided in 3 or 4 sublayers. I’ve seen this used with colars that have to be in front and another part behind the neck.

I wish there was a way to have the position of something like a peg layer drive drawing numbers or positions of other peg layers. It seems like something that could lead to more complex rigging techniques.

It does seem like what Steve is suggesting would work in this case but obviously you are somewhat limited to 4 layers.

You can’t link drawings but peg position you can. I think it’s been explained somewhere on the forum. I’ll check later.