License Problem

Hi.

I have a License Key for Toom Boom Animate Pro on Windows.

I want to change the License to a Mac.
But, I’m having a couple of problems.
The License Wizard on Windows doesn’t work. The application won’t run.
Also, I can’t seem to find the License Wizard on the Mac version (I’ve checked all folders and the application doesn’t seem to exist).
So, I’m not sure what to do.

As far as I know, there are two different versions of the software, for Windows and for Mac, so that may be what’s causing the issues. However, I’m not sure, I suggest looking it up while administrator replies.

Hi Lilly,

I’m having a different activation issue. The hard drive in my tablet PC died last week and the replacement drive was installed on Thursday. Because I didn’t make an image of my old drive, I had to reinstall Windows 7 and I am now in the process of reinstalling Toon Boom Animate Pro 2. Unfortunately, the Toon Boom license server doesn’t understand that I’m trying to re-activate Toon Boom Animate on the same computer. Naturally, I have no way to deactivate the currently ‘activated’ license so I can re-activate it on this computer.

I sent an email to tech support but I don’t expect I’ll hear anything until next week. Is there a way for me to re-activate on this computer sooner?

Thanks in advance for any help.

G.

Problem solved! Got an email from Tech Support this morning and they reset the license activation for me. :slight_smile:

G.

Are you trying to install a license on the PLE? You need to download the full Application by logging in to your user account and there you should have the ability to download mac or windows builds. Then you can install the Application. You will need to run the license wizard on the Windows machine first, and return the license. Then run the license wizard on Mac and install the same license again.

~Lilly