Layers Disappearing on Toon Boom Harmony 12.2 Files

This is an incredibly irritating and devistating issue that I’ve been experiencing in some of my projects. Every once in a while, a file I’ve been working on will just completely obliterate layers when I open it up. I’m not doing anything different to these files. I save everything, move it to my external hard drive, and then like at random, things like the sound and ink layers just disappear!

Is there a reason why Toon Boom has been experiencing data wipes like this? It’s getting to the point where I’m saving 12 different versions of one scene, just in case the final scene ends up failing on me.

More importantly, is there a way to recover these layers, or do I just save it under five different names, and hope for the best?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi JAH,

It seems like the issue would be with a transfer issue to the external drive. Files and folders in the Harmony project directory could be corrupter in the transfer.
Is your external drive new? This feels like a Hardware and Data writing issue.

I would highly recommend that you contact our Support team at support@toonboom.com so they can help you troubleshoot this issue.

And no, you should not have to save multiple copies of your scene. There is most likely something that can be resolved here.

Marie-Eve