Layer uneffected by camera?

Does anyone know if there is a way of having a layer unaffected by a camera move.
I need to have a constant vignette over a scene that has a zoom and pan. I could easily just drop it over the top of everything in post but wondered if there was a way to do this ‘in camera’ in Animate.

attach it to the peg you use to move the camera then it will move with the camera (thus appearing not to move).

Thanks. I’d suspected something like that but how do I get it to ignore the zoom?

what do you mean by ingore zoom?

Are you saying you want it to follow the camera rotations but not the camera’s zoom?

Yes.
Basically I need a constant vignette around the frame whatever the camera move/zoom. Another use would be to put a caption over the top of the animation that wasn’t affected by the camera.
As I said I’ll put it on in post (Flash in this case) but I was wondering if it could be done in Animate. (Anime studio and 3d apps have an ‘unaffected by camera’ setting)

Okay this isn’t the easiest think to do but you can do it just need a little thought. I will draw it.

Peg (this one you do all your pans on)
|
|
Drawing Layers (the vignette)
|
|
Peg (this one you do all zooms on)
|
|
Camera

actually rereading your response tha way I said initially is right for you

Peg (this one you do all your pans on and zooms)
|
|
Drawing Layers (the vignette)
|
|
Camera

AH!
Many thanks for that. I think it’s still going to take some time before I think like Animate does :slight_smile:

Let me know if you can’t get it working.

It will definitly be interesting get the setup working right. The part of keeping it even with the camera is easy, but you will need to be careful with your intial setup that you don’t accidently clip some of the other drawing layers when zooming in and out. I have a potential solution if it becomes a problem so post :slight_smile:

Had the same issue and didn’t able to resolve it. Good thing my insurance protect-o give me a replacement and had a brand new replacement.