Layer Problem

Hi all,
I have got another problem :’(

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7691/unbenanntog6.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/unbenanntog6.jpg/1/w215.png

In this Screenshot you can see a part of the CutOutAnimation Character Little_Boy.

How can it be that the Ellbow is in the foreground (before) the upper arm???
If I try to paint this construction, the upper arm is always in foreground.
Is that a special peg?

Sry for that beginner question again and my bad english.

Thx
arnonym

I think this page in the Cartooning in Toon Boom Wiki will help you conceptually.

Layering Elements

The answer to your question is that there are many factors involved in determining the layering of elements. There is basic hierarchy logic, there are different positioning types (foreground, normal & background) and there is location in 3D space. In this case it is the positioning in 3D space that is overriding the basic hierarchy logic of the time line track label listing. I hope this helps you. -JK

Hi,
thanks again for your answer :-*
I think I still have to learn many things. :wink:

THX
arnonym

We all learn new things everyday of our lives. Learning new things makes getting up in the morning worthwhile. Just keep asking questions and trying new things. It’s fun to learn and it’s fun to help others in the process. -JK

Conceptually you must know that the order of layers or elements in the line of time can be altered of two different ways:
1-Adjudging to the properties of the element a type of position predetermined like: normal, to the front or behind other elements.
2 - Also you can alter to relation F-B (front-back) between elements using of the side an top view that shows each element like a green line. Selecting an element in the timeline or in the exposure sheet, this one is emphasized in these seen and you can move it with the tool select (the black arrow) behind or in front of other elements that interact with him, but considering that the hierarchies cause that to replace a father it drags all the children. In order to position any element without dragging others with him, you would have to construct the hierarchy after to accommodate the parts in its logical position F-B. If you approach to the maximum in these seen, you will be able to see as the elements are not one on the other but ahead or behind others so that they appear in the plane that corresponds to them, independent of its position of layer in the timeline. Remember that this one adjustment must become before beginning to animate. My excuses by my english elementary one. Cheers. Yoryo. :wink:

Spanish/Español:
Conceptualmente debes saber que el orden de layers o elementos en la línea de tiempo puede ser alterada de dos diferentes modos. 1-adjudicando a las propiedades del elemento un tipo de posición predeterminada como: normal, al frente o detrás de otros elementos. 2- También puedes alterar la relación F-B (frente-atrás) entre elementos haciendo uso de las vistas superior y lateral que muestra cada elemento como una línea verde. Seleccionando un elemento en la linea de tiempo o en la tabla de exposición, éste se resalta en éstas vistas y puedes desplazarlo con la herramienta select (flecha negra) apenas detrás o adelante de otros elementos que interactúan con él, pero teniendo en cuenta que las jerarquías hacen que reposicionar un padre arrastre a todos los hijos. Para posicionar cualquier elemento sin arrastrar otros con él, deberías construír la jerarquía luego de acomodar las partes en su posición F-B lógica. Si te acercas al máximo en éstas vistas, podrás ver como los elementos no están uno sobre el otro sino adelante o detrás de otros de modo que aparezcan en el plano que les corresponde, independientemente de su posición de layer en la linea de tiempo. Recuerda que éste ajuste debe hacerse antes de comenzar a animar. Saludos. Yoryo. :wink: