Layer order bug SBP4

I’ve been playing with the trial for a couple weeks now and ran into an issue with not being able to re-order my layers by dragging-- not in the layers window or the stage/camera window. It just shows me the “stop” icon when I try to drag a layer between another layer. However, if I drag a layer ALL the way to the top, it allows that, but nothing else.

The problem only occurs on my tabletPC and is fine on my desktop-- however I don’t think it’s the ISD driver as I’ve updated that, and also have the problem when I connect my tabletPC to a Cintiq.

It’s a Fujitsu t902 running Windows 7 64bit w/ Core i7 2.9GHz, 10GB RAM and Intel Graphics 4000.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the trial a couple times, and the VERY first time I open something, I see the normal “line” icon when I drag a layer, but it fails, and goes back to showing me the “stop” icon.

Any help would be appreciated, I’d really like to upgrade if I can get this to work.

***EDIT:
I tried one more thing-- stopped the “TabletPC Input Service” and it fixed this bug. Unfortunately, I do use that for the keyboard when I’m working in tablet mode…

i have noticed the same problem when using a cintiq touch which activates the tabletInputService

very annoying

I’m having the same problem here. Using an HP tm2 tablet PC with Windows 7 Pro x64. It doesn’t matter if I’m using the Wacom stylus, mouse or touchpad, so I don’t think it’s a Wacom driver issue.

Will try disabling the Tablet PC Input Service but not sure I really want to do that since I use this feature for text input.

G.

Edit: Confirmed–stopping the Tablet PC Input Service fixes the problem. But naturally, this isn’t really an acceptable solution for tablet users.

I tried working with Tablet Input service disabled this weekend and it’s not going well. The problem is that I like to keep a browser open so I can research while drawing my boards, but without on-screen text input I’m constantly converting the tablet into laptop mode and back again. This is not practical at all.

I could attach a keyboard to the tablet but of course that defeats the purpose of having a mobile drawing device. I guess I can continue using SBP 2 on the tablet–I bought a new version 4 license because the recent version 4 promotional pricing was cheaper than upgrading my version 2 license–but so far this Tablet Input Service bug is a wet blanket on my version 4 experience, at least on a mobile computer.

Additionally, I should add that SBP4 is the only illustration program I run on this tablet (and I use a lot of drawing programs) that requires that the Tablet Input service be turned off, so it’s not practical for me to keep turning it off just so I can use SBP 4 on the tablet.

For the time being, I’ve transferred my license over to my home studio’s workstation and I’m going to try finishing the job there. I use a Cintiq with this system but in this case it’s okay because it’s a desktop with a keyboard. That will be fine for my current gig but it’s not really a solution because I frequently work offsite with the tablet PC.

Thank you for listening Toon Boom. I really hope this is fixable. Good luck and please let me know when an update that fixes this issue becomes available.

G.

Greenlaw
Artist - Partner
Little Green Dog | www.littlegreendog.com

Just a quick update: This issue has been fixed in the new 4.1 upgrade. Layers can now be dragged up and down correctly when Tablet Input is active on a Wacom Penabled Tablet PC.

Thanks Toon Boom. :slight_smile:

G.

Greenlaw
Artist - Partner
Little Green Dog | www.littlegreendog.com