Lag and Timeline trouble

I’m a relative Toonboom newbie. Does anyone know why there might be such a substantial lag when I scrub through my timeline? It takes a second or two for the stage to catch up with the cruiser’s position.

And my playback, when I hit the button is about half the speed it is when I export. Why would that be?

Please help…

This could be due to a many potential causes from having an
underpowered grapgic card, heavy audio files, laptop running
on battery power instead of being plugged-in…

Contact support to have a look.

i’m having the same problem
Here’s is my graphic card stats:

Intel HD Graphics 4000:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1024 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Cintiq A1300:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 4BAH000206
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

my slider/scrubber bar cant keep up with playback and gets stuck on panels while audio keeps playing, then becomes slow and almost unresponsive when i try to stop it.

was there any good answer to the original question in the thread?
is there any optimal settings i can change to for smoother playback?

Intel HD 4000 built-in graphic GPUs rate as bottom feeders in the GPU hierarchy. Based on your information, you are running a Windows laptop, which may also contribute to additional performance issues. The HD 4000 does not have dedicated video memory, and leeches from your main memory as well. And you are running (it seems) two screens: the built-in laptop screen, as well as the Cintiq.

Well, yes, your system is seriously under-powered for graphics work, I would say. But without additional hardware info (which laptop model, amount of ram,etc.) we cannot say for certain what is causing your lag.

Also, the sound chip in your laptop is probably a low-rated chip as well - it may off-load the playing of sound (partly) to your CPU.

Do you have more info?